ArteEast’s Virtual Gallery aims to create an on-line presence for emerging and mid-career artists working within the Middle East and/or its diasporas. Our goal is to increase the visibility of artists from the Middle East in the United States, and to promote critical discussion of their work and the issues it raises. Every three months, an advisory board comprised of international artists, critics, and scholars will select one artist whose work will be featured on ArteEast’s website.
Please submit the following:
• Resume and/or short bio (up to 250 words)
• Artist’s statement
• Articles or reviews of your work, if any, in any language
• Up to 20 samples of your work. We can accept the following:
1. Digital images of your work. Each image must be less than 200K.
2. Slides in one flat sheet clearly labeled with the proper direction of the image.
All sets of images must be accompanied by a corresponding list of titles, media, year, and dimensions.
To submit materials by email:
balzaid [at] arteeast [dot] org
To submit materials by mail:
NY, NY 10001
Tel 646 375 5222
Fax 646 861 6001
If selected, artists will be responsible for the format of images:
1. Images must be in jpg or tiff format
2. All files must be no larger 200k
3. Images size should be 600pixels wide or long – largest side
4. Thumbnails of all work.
5. All images cropped and angled correctly, with no borders