ArteEast is pleased to announce a search for an Artistic Director to help lead our grassroots, but wide-reaching efforts to promote the artists and contemporary arts of the Middle East. We are seeking an energetic, part-time Artistic Director to lead the organization into a new phase of public outreach and growth. This is a high-profile role and an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to have a major impact on raising awareness of the Middle East and its cultural production.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, manage the ArteHub signature event series, ArteEast’s monthly presentation of MENA creative culture hosted through our network of partners.
- Oversee ArteEast’s annual ACAW (Asia Contemporary Art Week) program.
- Provide creative direction and edit the ArteEast Quarterly, our journal of critical perspectives on the creative culture of the MENA region. The Artistic Director will ensure continuity of the Quarterly’s artistic themes with the longer-term artistic vision of the organization, and work with the Executive Director on design and execution of the journal’s launch events.
- Produce creative content for the ArteEast website, newsletter, and social media, including regular Artist Spotlights, guest interviews, and other content.
- Together with the Executive Director and at the direction of the Board, oversee ArteEast’s Residency Initiative. Manage artist relationships and provide networking and professional support to ArteEast artists in residence.
- Provide curatorial representation of ArteEast at major contemporary arts institutions, fairs, and other venues that will allow us to present or curate programs relating to the MENA region, with a major focus on partnerships with New York City institutions and events.
- Run, promote, and curate all social media accounts for of ArteEast (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, arts education, curatorial arts, or related subject.
- Three or more years of professional experience in a contemporary creative field.
- Strong cultural competency in a culture related to the MENA region; fluency in Arabic, Farsi, or Turkish strongly preferred.
- Proven capacity to conceive of, organize, and execute arts programming
- Demonstrated ability, to work with a wide range of constituents, including high level institutions and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to the arts and the Middle East and desire to increase visibility of both.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and accountability.
- Fluency in Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, or French a plus.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and computer skills.
Please send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8, 2017.